Chronixx and Koffee live: Good vibes and second-hand highs



Chronixx and Koffee live: Good vibes and second-hand highs






On Sunday 10th November I, along with a couple of friends of mine, got to see the reggae and reggae fusion artists Chronixx and Koffee, live in Birmingham.
The arena was full of people spreading love and ‘good vibrations’. I must say that the opening acts and the DJs were very good at lifting our shivering spirits after we had waited in the cold.

The highlights of the night were when ‘Toast’ and ‘Likes’ were performed. This was expected because these are Chronixx and Koffee’s most popular songs. There was obviously no way the fans were going to let them leave without performing them, even a young African-Caribbean woman behind me screamed “Chronixx, you affi do Likes. You affi sing it ‘fore you leave”. And perform it he did. His closing song was the liveliest, the crowd was dancing and singing, those of us in the seating areas were too. He brought a dancer on stage and the two of them danced together.

During the concert I took a moment to stop and look around the entire arena and I was in awe of the effect that the artists had on their audience. Although people were singing and dancing the overall feeling that I got from the concert was serene. Chronixx took every possible moment to remind us of his Rastafari beliefs to spread peace and love and to live happy lives, and I could feel this message in everyone’s auras.

I left the concert feeling completely satiated. I felt intoxicated both by the power of the music that I had listened to and by the clouds of marijuana smoke that had been sent into the air by casual smokers throughout the arena.

Overall, the concert was a mesmerising experience that I am glad I got to share with my friends because I can’t see myself having the opportunity to see Chronixx or Koffee live any time soon in the foreseeable future.

K. Iruwa

Comments

Popular Posts