The effects of the current pandemic on my creative output

The effects of the current pandemic on my creative output



I feel it was important to address my absence from my blog. Even prior to the COVID-19 outbreak my posts were becoming more and more scarce. As a student it was difficult to balance my studies, my job and a blog and everything I did started to feel like a chore. I didn't want to force myself to write uninteresting articles that wouldn't have read well.

Now however, my issue is that being on lockdown is having a more negative than positive effect of my mental wellbeing. I am very aware that the pandemic is having a much more severe on the lives of others and that I am lucky to be in the position that I am in, but I had never realised how difficult it would be to stay at home all the time. It is very easy to fall into a slump and develop a creative block while in lockdown and I am very lacking in motivation at the moment. I've tried online courses, baking, sewing and reading but all of that has only further mentally exhausted me.

At this point, I have decided to try and lift myself out of the slump that I know that I am falling into before it's too late. I will be incorporating different aspects of my interest in music in the blog from now on and will try and do more analysis on fashion which a lot of my writing has lacked.

I appreciate everyone who reads my posts from time to time even if it's not thousands of people. I will expand the blog further and put out higher quality pieces.

Thank you for reading,
K. Iruwa

Comments

Popular Posts